The Govt of India will provide all those students who are unable to fund their studies with scholarships. The government has introduced a National Scholarship Portal for this reason. We’ll tell you all the critical details about the national scholarship portal via this post, such as what is the National Scholarship Portal. Its intent, advantages, characteristics, requirements for eligibility, application process, etc. So if you’re interested in collecting every single aspect of the National Scholarship Portal, then you would be asked to read this article very closely until the end.
The NSP portal operates around 80 scholarship systems for students who come from various levels of education and socio-economic backgrounds each year. In particular, through such a portal, the government has distributed much more INR 2,600 Crores amount of scholarships to over 91 lakh candidates for the 2019-20 academic year.
Under the National e-Governance Programme, the NSP platform has been launched by the Union Government. The main goal behind the implementation of this portal was to ensure that scholarships were disbursed efficiently and in a timely manner to final beneficiaries, i.e. students without leaking. To do so, the portal boasts a streamlined, mission-oriented, accountable, open and transparent SMART framework.
Session-Oriented, Open, Transparency and Accountability. Via NSP, students looking for a scholarship will take advantage of the following benefits:
- Data on one forum for all scholarships
- Single window of application across all scholarships
- Processing Hassle-free scholarships
- Increased Transparent
Central Schemes-National Scholarship Portal?
A variety of scholarships are run by a separate agency working under the Govt. Of India to help students pursue their dream academic life without any financial constraints. In the field of scholarships, renowned suppliers include the
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA),
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD),
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE),
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE),
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA),
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
UGC Schemes-National Scholarship Portal:
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a major Indian govt legislative body working under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). (Ministry of Human Resource Development). It was set up with the objective of organizing, establishing and sustaining higher education systems in India. It is the authority that gives acknowledgment and provided funds to universities around India. The UGC also provides several scholarship programs for students seeking college-level education in addition to this.
National Scholarship Portal – List of UGC Schemes:
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Deadline|
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||University Grants Commission||20 January 2021|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||University Grants Commission – MHRD||20 January 2021|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd Rank Holders)||University Grants Commission – MHRD||20 January 2021|
|PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses||University Grants Commission – MHRD||20 January 2021|
AICTE Schemes-National Scholarship Portal:
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) acts under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD, as the national council for technical training and a legislative body. AICTE, which has been functioning since 1945, is responsible for the organized growth and proper preparation of both technology and managerial education systems in India. AICTE also provides a variety of scholarships for students to ensure that financial restrictions would not become a stepping stone in their professional life, despite providing approval for postgraduates and undergraduate programs under defined categories.
National Portal of Scholarship-State Schemes:
The state government, like even the central govt, also provides scholarship opportunities who are domiciled in that state. While several state governments run their own applicant scholarship portals, some prefer to invite applications thru the National Scholarship Portal. The national scholarship portal currently covers six state systems, namely Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
The requisite documentation for each NSP scholarship can differ. Nonetheless, some of the important documents you need to hold intact to make a good request include
- Educational documents
- Bank passbook
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Bonafide certificate from school/institution
- Income certificate
How to Apply NSP?
If you are eligible for any of the NSP-listed scholarships, you should please ensure that you apply within the defined timeframe for them. For all of the other scholarships, the registration procedure is easy, as there is a specific application window for all the scholarships. The candidates are mainly required to be registered at the portal to start with the application procedure. They will then continue by logging into the dashboard page to fill out the online application. To make an effective application, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- First of all, Visit the NSP Official Website (National Scholarship Portal).
- Please ensure your institution is required to register on the portal before registration by pressing the ‘Check for Institute’ button.
- Consider asking your institution to register first on the portal if your institution isn’t really registered.
- Press the displaying link for ‘New Registration’.
- To proceed, properly examine all the authentication guidelines and press ‘Continue’.
- Please fill over all the appropriate fields identified with the asterisk ‘*‘ and press the ‘Register’ option.
- An application Identity and password would be sent to your registered phone number upon effective registration.
- Making an NSP login that used the obtained user ID and password.
- For your comfort, you will be asked to check the OTP obtained on your registration phone number, after which you seem to have to modify your password.
- A user interface will open after you have updated the password. To complete the application, press ‘Application Form’.
- In the registration form, filled over all the information and upload all the necessary documents as mentioned.
- Finally, clicked on the ‘Final Apply’ button to submit the document.
Note: After the final submission, any details inserted into the scholarship form can’t be edited. Therefore, you must ensure that in the application form, you submit the correct details. Any information difference will lead to the denial of applications.
Check NSP- Status of Scholarship:
One of the main characteristics that the portal provides to its users is NSP status. Under that same feature, via the portal itself, students are permitted to verify their scholarship application status online. To monitor your application status, you should follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Visiting the NSP official webpage.
- Press the link button ‘Login’ and pick the year (either fresh or renewal).
- Used this application Username or user id and password to login.
- On either the dashboard page, press the ‘Checking your Status’ icon.
- Your application’s present status will show on the computer.
Renewal application process:
- You want to go to the official online webpage to search for
- You have to press ‘Login’ on the home page of the website.
- Nationwide Scholarship Portal Online Registration Form
- Enter the user Username, password, and Code on the monitor now.
- Select the “login” button and submit for request renewal.
What is the NSP scholarship benefit limit?
The conditions for average earnings for each NSP scholarship vary from scholarship to scholarship. The income limit for families can vary from less than INR 1 lakh to less than INR 2.5 lakh. To want a good understanding of the eligibility requirements, it is best to refer to the relevant scholarship notices.
After the final submission, could a student edit the form?
No, no changes will be made to the details until the candidate needs to submit the registration form.
Advantages of NSP:
The National Scholarship Portal has many advantages, most of which are:
- An integrated accounting method makes it easier, smoother and quicker for all scholarships.
- On a single forum, scholarships of various kinds are accessible.
- More accountability with regard to the distribution and disbursement of scholarship funds
The various departments working under the Govt. of India, as well as other individual states, are providing all NSP opportunities. Thus, with each NSP scholarship, the eligibility requirements can differ. To understand their eligibility requirements, please review the specific scholarships.