Many people are don’t know how to block unwanted calls and messages from telephone operates. If you are searching for how to activate DND then you are in right place. DND (Do Not Disturb) is the service to stop all unwanted calls and messages from different telephone operators like Airtel, Idea, Bsnl, Vodafone, Aircel, Tata & Jio etc.
There are Two types of messages one is promotional and second one is transactional, here we can stop promotional messages but not transactional messages.
User can activate their DND services in two methods
- By Calling
- By Sending SMS
There are 8 different codes to activate different types of DND service
(1) Banking/Insurance/Financial products/credit cards.
(2) Real Estate.
(5) Consumer goods and automobiles.
(6) Airtel Products & Services/Communication/Broadcasting/ Entertainment/IT.
(7) Tourism and Leisure.Fully Blocked.
You can call 1909 (toll free number) from your landline or mobile and select your Preferences
You Can Also Activate by sending SMS —> START DND or START 0 to 1909
If you choose to receive SMS on select categories or for partially blocked registration, you can send SMS in this format START < space> < preference no > to 1909.
- START 0 to 1909 – Fully blocked
- START 1 to 1909 – Banking, Insurance, Financial products and credit cards
- START 2 to 1909 – Real Estate
- START 3 to 1909 – Education
- START 4 to 1909 – Health
- START 5 to 1909 – Consumer goods and automobiles
- START 6 to 1909 – Communication, Broadcasting, Entertainment and IT
- START 7 to 1909 – Tourism and Leisure